Monday, August 23, 2010

Skills!

So besides taking care of tiny Xander, I have had time to work on a few other hobbies and it's been really nice! Mostly, I have been cooking. I'm making lunch and dinner every day and trying out a lot of new recipes! This is the beginning of a spaghetti sauce made with Lemon Boy and Early Goliath tomatoes from our garden. It was super tasty! I used some deer meat that my grandpa brought back from his hunting trip in North Carolina. MMMmmm!

I also have finally started pulling all of the books we've been buying off of the bookshelf and actually reading them! Mostly, I've been reading books that I probably should have read in Middle School (or maybe before). But they've been fun anyway and I have books that are a little more challenging to read also. For now, I'm not in school anymore so my only purpose in reading isn't to push my vocabulary, I can sit down and enjoy an easy read and not feel bad about it! Yesterday, I finished A Wind in the Door. It is the sequel to A Wrinkle in Time and I think I liked it even more than the first one! I'm working on number three out of five now, then who knows what!

                                     

Today, Xander has been asleep most of the afternoon and it's naptime for the girls I am babysitting, so I decided I'd try my hand at drawing again. Because of Adam's little "x-man" nickname for Xander, I decided once he gets older, we should decorate his room with x-men, so I started drawing up some plans! So far I've just got wolverine, we'll see how many more I get done today. I forgot how much fun it is to draw; I really love ink drawing the best of any medium I've tried.


Not too bad I guess!!! Time to try some more!


Last week was my first week with daycare girls over, they are really pretty easy and I'm happy to say, I still get to spend a lot of time with my baby. That was the plan all along, right? It's been pretty fun and I am optimistic and have a lot more confidence that I will be able to work things this way so that I get to stay at home with my little boy rather than leave him with anyone else while I go work for someone else. Tonight, Adam goes back to work though, so we'll see if things get even harder than they have been with him doing just school. I'm sure I can handle it, but I will miss having him around 24/7. He's pretty good company you know!

For now, I've got a clean and quiet house to relax in while I wait for the kiddos to start waking up.



No comments:

Post a Comment