Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MommyWife Life

Here are some new pictures! And stuff that's been on my mind...

1. I haven't blogged in a while and I really want to because I think it could be fun and it's nice to pretend I'm talking to grown ups for a change.

2. I haven't counted points (weight watchers) in a while and I really want to because I want to get back in shape! On the plus side, I am back in my pre-Xander clothes and I have maintained this weight for a while.
I am determined to keep going though. The number on the scale is back to where it was, but the shape is nowhere near right! I have started counting again (10 pts so far today!) and I am trying to convince myself to hit the gym a little more often too.


3. My baby is pulling himself up on his hands and knees now and it's really freaking me out! I don't know what happened to the limp noodle I brought home from the hospital! He is five months old already and so much bigger and stronger! Part of me wants him to stop, but most of me is just so excited for all of the new things in his life! 

I've been thinking about before Xander, before I knew I was pregnant, and even when I was going through a miscarriage. I am just so thankful to God and my husband for this beautiful little boy! He is ten times the joy (and twenty times the trouble) I'd imagined and I love him with all of my heart!!!

Being surrounded by babies has really been teaching me a lot. Xander is so fearless! That probably has a lot to do with the fact that he doesn't know yet what there is to be afraid of, but I hope that even as he grows, he will stay strong (like his daddy). I, on the other hand, am terrified of my own shadow. I always have the worst case scenario running through my mind and it gets a little ridiculous sometimes. I am really working on letting Xander be my role model in a lot of ways.

"The wolf shall live with the lamb,
the leopard shall lie down with the kid,
the calf and the lion and the fatling together,
and a child shall lead them."
Isaiah 11:6

I need to focus a little less on stresses and fears and focus on all of the amazing, wonderful things that are happening in my life!






4. I have a great, supportive, amazing, hard working husband. God knew what he was doing when he introduced us in the sixth grade! He knew I would need someone just like him and how right he was!


We have been skimping on our weekly date night plan and I have decided to fix that also. We bought the 2011 Entertainment book with some great coupons and I found Orpheum film series tickets for only $20 (16 movies)!!! So, we're definitely doing that and now we should have no excuse, even if we're completely broke!


5. I want to improve myself every day! I know that I am far from perfect (or even remotely good many days). I like to complain and be lazy a lot, and I really don't want to be that way at all anymore! So, I am trying to do better.


"She is neither hindered nor demeaned by serving others. Rather, she is fulfilled by it,
because godly service is the source of her nobility."
C.S. Lewis

"And you can always, always give something, even if it's only kindness."
Anne Frank

These are the words of wisdom I am trying to commit to memory this week. We'll see how it goes!


6. I need to art more. I want to art more. I am afraid to art more because it's been a while...

And for fun...
More pictures!





Happy Tuesday Everybody!!!! Hope you're having a great day!







2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Heather. Keep 'em coming. I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. You have wonderful Godly ambititions. Put on the full armor of God and nothing can stop you! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pictures are really awesome! I just wanted to let you know that you are turning out to be a great role model not only for your son, other bloggers but for me also. Love you Dad.

    ReplyDelete